Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Transition

The Misanthrope did not get into the New York Marathon this year through the lottery, so he has shifted plans and will be doing the Mighty Hamptons Triathlon in September.

Now, I know we have many serious triathletes among our readers, so any training tips are appreciated.

In the short term, the Misanthrope must ask the difficult questions.

At what point do I break down and buy the proper racing swimsuit (aka 'banana hammock") and train in that?

Post thoughts in the comments section.

3 comments:

Tony Alva said...

Can't claim to being a triathlete, but like a bridge jumper in rush hour traffic, whenever you don the proper racing swimsuit("...it's the required uniform! Yeah, tights), you must post a photo.

Dave Cavalier said...

I KNEW that was you at the Pride parade.

I won't tell Circy.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't make it into the marathon. Great fun. Never done a triathalon, but hey I thought it was a marathon, plus a hundred mile bike ride, plus some godawful length of swimming. Yours looks pretty light. Although I don't know if I could swim a mile (my bathtub is a whole lot shorter than that), the 10K and the bike part sound pretty loose and relaxed.

I, too, want a pic in your swimsuit. Now that I have taken up the bicycle I have realized that there is no way in hell I'd be caught dead in those goofy bike clothes. And the swimsuits?? Hell, throw on a pair of shorts and jump in. What you'll lose in speed you'll gain in self respect. That's my training advice.