Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Cinderella Dad

I was talking to my mother this morning and she mentioned that she and my father had just watched "Cinderella Man" on DVD. She thought the film was good.

I have long known the story of how my parents met. My Dad was dating the daughter of a boxer and his best friend Herb was marrying my Mom's best friend Carol. At some party, Herb slyly asked my Dad to drive my future Mom home. Within no time, the boxer's daughter was out of the picture and my parents were on their way to marriage.

Anyway, my Mom and I were talking for a while this morning about "Cinderella Man" before I realized that it was Jim Braddock's daughter that my dad had been dating!

What a small world.

3 comments:

Tony Alva said...

That's pretty f'ing cool!

Along with Hue revealing that his dad played guitar for Conway Twitty for 20 years and had Buck Owens in his living room all the time, this has been an interesting blog day to say the least.

I thought the movie was pretty good. Not being familar with the story, I was waiting for it to end badly. Sorry to ruin it for all those who wanted to be surprised.

OK, I'm not sorry...

Dave Cavalier said...

I'm just upset that they didn't feature my Dad in any way.

Anonymous said...

I dont believe you.