Friday, March 28, 2008

Back from the UK

The Misanthrope got back from the UK on Wednesday night.  He and the Scottish Lass had a blast at wedding outside Glasgow and then headed to Edinburgh, Brighton and London to see friends.  It was a whirlwind trip, but we had a great time.  The wedding itself lasted from 1:30 in the afternoon until 4:00 AM, which found us in the bar at the hotel with the bride, groom and several others.  

Our return from JFK featured a delightful cab ride in which the driver inexplicably decided that it would be smarter to drive all the way to LGA on the Grand Central and then turn south to get the BQE to the Williamsburg Bridge.  When I questioned this (absolutely ridiculous) route, the driver became enraged and told me he had lived in New York for 25 years.  When I told him I had lived here for 38 and he was taking a route that made no sense, he started yelling at me and telling me that I must always trust the taxi driver.

Needless to say, no tip and I thoroughly enjoyed the call to the TLC to complain as I had written down his name, license number and all the relevant details.

Welcome back to NYC!

2 comments:

Tony Alva said...

Ah, a post to stir the envy of all of us married with kids types who can't wing on over to England and jam with the Stones any time a chick fancies to ask.

While you were gone, Hillary managed to usurp Obama as the Democratic front runner, McCain's body was found slumped in a chair at some seedy M Street establishment, and Pete Townsend night on American Idol was the highest rated episode in the history of the show. Oh yeah, and your blog slipped back to elementary school reading level.

Welcome back you bastard.

Jackson said...

I always take the train from JFK, LGA I get a cab, EWR I take a car service.