Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Turn your head and...

It seems that the American College of Chest Physicians (no, I am not making it up) has declared that cough syrup doesn't really do much.

This story was of particular interest to me because I have been wracked by a dry cough for the last four or five days. The only thing that has helped me to sleep has been a massive dose of dextromethorphan before bed time. One added plus is that I have really trippy dreams. Anyway, it seems to work pretty danged well and stops me from irritating my throat even more through constant coughing.

Then again, what are you to make of a group that offers this advice:

Another option that some doctors recommend: Just tough it out, because colds typically go away on their own.

Stop being such a pussy and cough like a man!!

3 comments:

Chrispy said...

Tony... speaking from experience?

I always found bongs made me cough more, not less. But I never did pack 'em with snow.

In my day, there was no "cough syrup." There was only one medicine, and it was called medicine, and it didn't do anything! It made your cough worse, and you'd be hacking until you spit up blood, and one of your lungs would fall out!

And we liked it!

Jackson said...

I was at that Pretenders show, and from what I could tell, it must have been goiod stuff, because the band was on!

Dfactor said...

Got Grass....in pocket.