Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Hell Freezing Over

It's usually a cold day in hell when I like what Paul Krugman has to say, but this post really captures the weirdness of Obama's proposal.  As Krugman notes, love it or hate it, we are talking about 1970s level tax rates.

As he also notes, Obama's people aren't even sure what the details of the proposal are.  I made a passing reference to this in my previous post when I noted that it wasn't clear if Medicare taxes were included on the income above $250K or if it would even be the same tax rates.

If you're going to appeal to the middle class by pitching "soak the rich" policies, at least have your details in order.


3 comments:

Jackson said...

Yeah, like McCain's. It should be easy to keep your shit straight when you have no real policies, but McCain still manages to confuse himself.

stinkrock said...

Obama's tax policy is about as unreal as it gets. When the Misanthrope and the Times agree, I say listen to what they're saying.

Anonymous said...

Boooo! I like it better when you two fight.