Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Cassette Tech Bleg

I was talking to Superfly, aka The Misanthrope Mom, about my interest in jazz and she mentioned to me that she had a recording of my late Uncle Ray playing jazz piano with his quartet.  I just got it in the mail and it is pretty eye opening.  I didn't really know Uncle Ray very well.  He and my Aunt Phyllis (Superfly's sister), lived in Rochester, NY and we didn't get up there much.  

It turns out that Ray was a pretty accomplished musician.  He trained at the Eastman School of Music and his chops show on the cassette tape my Mom sent me.

Hence, this bleg.  Do any of my audio-engineering readers know how to get a cassette-to-CD transfer done?  I'd like to have this transferred to a more modern and more durable medium

Thanks ahead of time.  While we wait, please enjoy these photos of the WMDs.





3 comments:

Jackson said...

Bring it on by, we'll sort you out.

Tony Alva said...

If Jackson can't hook you up I've got a Nack cassette deck and the means to do this...

Jackson said...

But I can.