Friday, October 21, 2005

Machine Spleen

For a guy with a blog called "Misanthrope," I've been spending a lot of time laughing lately.

Last night we had a combination rehearsal/therapy session with Via Skyway. I think we reached a breakthrough with George, who was finally able to cry in front of all of us. He still has the paranoid delusions of robot persecution, but I think we are seeing some progress.

MikeDot and ChrisSemiDot combined for one of the funniest moments I can think of since...well, Wednesday, when JoeDot had me on the floor laughing.

I've heard about this feeling before...something like "happiness."

This is an annoying inside joke post.

Everybody on the outside, just deal with it.

12 comments:

Chrispy said...

That was quite an evening.

We can only hope the Via Skyway performance at TEDSTOCK is half as, uh, entertaining.

Pretty deep.

I found myself laughing out loud standing on Fifth Ave having a smoke a few minutes ago as I thought of the "machine spleens."

For those of you who weren't there last night, the "machine spleen" is where you kick a robot if you need to do some damage.

stinkrock said...

At 11:30 last night, I started a band called Spleen Machine. Who wants to be in it?

Chrispy said...

COUNT ME IN.

Dave Cavalier said...

I'm in as long as I don't have to play guitar.

BTW, be sure to click on the Via Skyway link in this post.

Dave Cavalier said...

Chris -

Where on Fifth do you work?

Chrispy said...

5th between 29th and 30th. THE place to be.

Chrispy said...

Clicked on the Via Skyway.

Funny.

stinkrock said...

Chris, you're right by MoSex. Do you go there for lunch everyday?

Chrispy said...

It sounds like I should... but I don't know what it is.

I like the "Sex" part though.

Chrispy said...

Ah, the Museum of Sex. I do not eat there, but I do look at the boobies (when they're up) as I walk to work from the subway.

Jackson said...

I wanna be in Spleen Machine. Can I be lead dijeradoo? I'm hell on the spoons and hambone as well.

Dave Cavalier said...

Spleen Machine will be the first proto-punk prog klezmer band in history.

So, yes, Ted. You can play what you want.