Sunday, October 30, 2005

Sunday - What a Day

The 26 Year Old and I are still recovering from the excellent time we had last night with Anne and John P at John's Williamsburg bar. We'd better get in gear soon because today is a busy day.

In honor of Tedstock, I broke out the sad remains of my vinyl collection. Helping me on the road to wellness this morning is Polvo, one of my favorites. On the turntable as I write is 1992's Cor-Crane Secret.



I love this band. Since they broke up, I can't wait for the new Black Taj CD , featuring ex-Polvo members, and their New York shows in December.

Onward to Sunday, October 30, 2005:

First up for today, my friend Chuck Webster is appearing in a show at P.S. 1 called "The Painted World." This is a pretty big show for him and I am very pleased. I also happen to be an "early Webster collector," so I have many reasons to be excited.

Chuck's work is available at the ZieherSmith gallery on 25th between 10th & 11th Avenues.

After the P.S. 1 show, it's on to TEDSTOCK.

At 7:00 P.M. Microdot old and new joins forces with George Vitray and Chris Pace for the "classic" Via Skyway line-up.

At 8:00, it's the new and improved Microdot, with new drummer JoeDot behind the kit.

With my musical responsibilities out of the way, I intend to drink heavily and enjoy the rock stylings of the other bands on the bill. Here's the schedule:

9:00 - The Horse You Rode In On
10:00 - #12 Rock and Roll Noodle (featuring the delicious talents of Gabble Ratchet)
11:00 - The X's
Midnight - Just One
1:00 - Figo

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TED!

3 comments:

Jackson said...

Thanks for everything Dave. It was a day of no peace indeed. After I get out of rehab, we should do it agin.

Chrispy said...

Explain the Gabble Rachet... if you would.

Dave Cavalier said...

See Chris? You dis the old Genesis and you end up in the dark!