Thursday, April 06, 2006

I Heart Chrispy

Spent a very nice evening at Smoke and Mirrors with Chrispy and George tonight. It's hard to believe I hadn't seen any of those guys since December. It took no time at all for me to sign up for George's new robot epic, which is sounding pretty good in "rough" demos. George's "roughs" crack me up. For most people, those are called "finished recordings." The guy likes his quality.

Chrispy was very kind and gave me the basics on mic placement for recording the classical guitar. With his guidance, I am not at all worried about the recording quality of the project.

The performances, on the other hand, are all up to me. That's going to be a lot of hard work, but I was reinvigorated tonight by Chrispy's advice.

Thanks!

10 comments:

Chrispy said...

Hey man, it was great to see you too!

Sorry the WMD's couldn't make it. We'll do a weekend day so Wallace, Maggie, and Buck can spend a little quality time together. I think he'd enjoy some singing lessons from them...

Funny observation regarding George's "roughs". The quality is starting to blow me away too (not a surprise). What's great is that he's really hitting a stride and we've been very organized about the whole thing There will be very good roughs within another month or (this is something like 20 songs, 4 sides of vinyl, around 72 minutes) and cutting onto them will be a blast.

It's good you've signed on. I wonder how you'll feel around 12 songs in when George is saying "DO IT AGAIN"

Dave Cavalier said...

Wait until George sees my rider.

Chrispy said...

IF I'VE SAID IT ONCE I'VE SAID IT A THOUSAND TIMES.

NO ORANGE SKITTLES!!!!

Tony Alva said...

Chris and George: the yin and yang of all things audio...

Chrispy said...

Y'all are so sweet.

I'm trying to decide if I'd rather be the yin or the yang...

Tony Alva said...

At least your not Nigel's crab face...

Dave Cavalier said...

INcidentally, there was a further Mrs. Alva photo viewing at the studio last night.

Ay Caramba!

Tony Alva said...

Oh yeah, what picture are those, Tedstock?

stinkrock said...

dave, which mic did you end up going with?

Dave Cavalier said...

I got the Studio Projects C1 that Chrispy recommended.