Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I think the word is "Schadenfreude"?

Le Figaro notes that the rest of the world media is taking a heck of a lot of pleasure in beating up on France and, surprisingly, they admit that France deserves a lot of it. (Warning: French required.)

Money quote:

"Leur analyse n'est pourtant pas dénuée de perspicacité. Elle souligne l'échec de quarante ans de politique. Si la France n'est pas en guerre, elle est plongée dans le bourbier de ses incohérences, de ses contradictions."

[Trans: Their (i.e., the foreign media's) analysis is not without insight. It highlights forty years of failed policy. If France is not at war, it has been plunged into the quagmire of its inconsistencies and its contradictions. ]

As they admit, France has never been been slow to lecture the rest of humanity on its failings.

3 comments:

Chrispy said...

yeah, and they're smelly.

Jackson said...

That's beacuse of all the cheese they eat.

David Amulet said...

I must admit to giving in to the French bashing recently myself. It was too easy, I couldn't help myself!

I guess I felt I had nothing Toulouse.

-- david